Direct community investment is a powerful tool for hospitals seeking to address health disparities and improve population health. Accordant works shoulder-to-shoulder with health organizations to create best-in-class community benefit grant programs and optimize outbound philanthropy. Our firm’s deep focus on health care and health care philanthropy brings understanding of the field’s many complexities, pressure points, and opportunities. Accordant has had the privilege to serve more than 100 health care organizations representing over 400 hospitals as well as community clinics, hospices, and funder collaboratives.
Accordant’s approach to community investment is deeply collaborative and centered on equity and impact. Our method is iterative, deliberate, and fast-paced, balancing urgency and longer-term success. We ground our work in insights from within and outside of your organization. Our primary and secondary research allows you to better understand the landscape of opportunity and prioritize investments. We help health organizations implement sustainable processes so that the important work of community health can continue long after the engagement’s end.
Direct community investment is a powerful tool for hospitals seeking to address health disparities and improve population health.
What We Do
- Co-design comprehensive grantmaking strategies and support implementation
- Help (re)launch charitable sponsorship programs
- Educate and engage leadership (Board, C-Suite, Clinicians, Development)
- Design and manage requests for proposals (RFPs) for community grants
- Research landscape for specific issue sets (e.g., behavioral health, housing, safety)
- Facilitate design sessions
- Develop robust policies and procedures
- Offer infrastructure assessments and recommendations for sustainable, agile giving
- Co-create internal and external communications
Best-in-Class Community Health Investing
At Accordant, we strive to meet each health funder—and each community—where it is. Every engagement is customized to match your community health aspirations and to be good stewards of organizational resources.
We welcome the opportunity to provide a custom proposal to address your unique community health and grantmaking needs and objectives. Proposals include considerations of:
- Scope of Work
- Location of Work (on-site, in-office or virtual)
- Time and Resource Requirements